- Parottas – 4 or 5
- Onion – 1 large, quartered
- Bell peppers (red, green, yellow mix), quartered – 1/2 cup
- Garlic – 3 or 4 pods, finely chopped
- Ginger – 1/2″, finely chopped
- Green chilies – 2, finely chopped
- Chilli sauce – 1 tbsp
- Soy sauce – 2 tsp
- Tomato ketchup – 1 tsp
- Rice Vinegar / Lemon juice – 2 tsp (only needed if chilli sauce is not used)
- Spice powders:
- Red chili flakes / powder – 1 tsp (only needed if chilli sauce is not used)
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/4 tsp
- Spring onion – finely chopped, 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil 3 tbsp
- Cut the parottas into bite sized pieces using a knife / scissors. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a cast iron pan on medium high flame and once hot, add the chopped onion. Saute till the onions are pink and transparent.
- Add chopped ginger, garlic and green chillies, saute for few seconds.
- Add the chopped bellpeppers and daute for a min.
- Add the spice powders, saute for few secs till the raw smell goes off.
- Add the sauces and salt to taste.
- Add shredded parotta, saute on high for few secs mixing everything.
- If you would like it a bit crispier, reduce the flame and cook this for couple of more mins.
- If you like eggs, you can beat 2 eggs, scramble it in a separate pan and add it at this stage and mix well. You can also add beaten eggs directly into this pan by making a well in the middle but it changes the texture of kottu parotta a bit, so i prefer to do it in a separate pan.
- Garnish with spring onion and serve.
2 thoughts on “Chilli Parotta”
great going! keep it up
Thanks a lot hun 😘